According to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) Pocket Guide for Warehouse Safety, warehouse operations can present several potential warehouse hazards for workers. Here are the top 10 OSHA standards most frequently included in citations:
- Hazard communication
- Electrical, wiring methods
- Electrical, system design
- Guarding floor & wall openings and holes
- Mechanical power transmission
- Respiratory protection
- Portable fire extinguishers
The OSHA guide offers several solutions for each hazard mentioned above. In future posts, we will address some of these hazards.
This post was originally published on May 29, 2015, and has since been updated.